Open Water Sport Diver
- 2-3 days if you completed theory on-line
- 3-4 Days if you complete the theory in our classroom.
- Number of dives: 4 open water
- 18 years old (10 with parental consent)
- No Experience Necessary.
What is PSA Open Water Sport Diver Now ?
Open Water Sport Diver (OWSD) is a Professional Scuba Association International (PSAI) entry-level certification course. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will have proven their competence to use standard scuba equipment and engage in open water diving activities without supervision, provided the diving activities and the areas dived approximate those encountered in training.
What does this course give you ?
A diver that successfully completes a PSAI Open Water Sport Diver program will be qualified to:
- Dive anywhere in the world for the rest of your life.
- Dive with a buddy to a recommended maximum depth of 18m.
- Enroll in a PSAI Advanced Open Water Sport Diver Course.
What Will I Do ?
- A. Physics
- 1. Pressure-volume relationship
- 2. Buoyancy
- 3. Sound
- 4. Light
- 5. Practical application of universal gas law
- B. Physiology
- 1. Air spaces and equalization
- 2. Vision
- 3. Acoustics
- C. Medical considerations
- 1. Medical contra-indications to diving
- 2. Fitness
- 3. Personal limitations
- 4. Hydration
- 5. Sunburn
- 6. First Aid for pressure related injuries
- D. Environmental considerations
- 1. Temperature/Heat loss
- 2. Marine/Aquatic life hazards
- 3. Water movement hazards
- 4. Cuts and abrasions
- E. Diving Equipment:
- A. Select, prepare for use and care for the following pieces of equipment:
- 1. Mask
- 2. Fins
- 3. Snorkel
- 4. Protective suit
- 5. Float and flag
- 6. Two stage, “single hose” regulator
- 7. Cylinder
- 8. Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- 9. Dive instruments, dive timer, depth and pressure gauge, compass
- 10. Weight belt/system